FAQ account opening
We accept customers worldwide, except countries sanctioned by the UN.
To ensure your account is processed in a timely manner, please provide current and complete information. Kindly try to avoid abbreviations and pay attention to application details like ‘currency type’, when providing figures etc.
If you are asked to provide supporting documents, please be sure to follow our proof of identity and proof of address guidelines below.
You will be asked to provide the following during the application:
- Date of birth
- Financial Background
- Trading Knowledge and Experience
Following submission of your application, we may request further supporting information or clarification of the information you provided during registration by email. We recommend monitoring your email (including your junk folder) after you have submitted your application.
Uploading your documents does not complete registration. A member of the Onboarding team will review your application and be in touch via email either for further details or to let you know your account has been approved and is ready for funding.
All applicants must submit a proof of identity (details in 5.1) and a proof of address (details in 5.2).
Please note: Thunder Forex cannot accept a single document as proof of both identity and address at the same time.
Please monitor your email (including your junk folder) following submission of your application as we may request further supporting documentation and/or information, such as:
- Alternate /second proof of identity
- Alternate /second proof of address
- Clarification of your profile details.
Some applicants may be prompted to upload the following documents:
- Proof of source of wealth
- Proof of source of funds
- National ID card
- Driving license
- High resolution, clear, colour images of the front and back of your identity document
- A copy of the full document
We cannot accept:
- Expired documents
- Copies of copies
- Black and white copies
- Insurance policies
- Altered copies with blocked/blurred information or cropped copies that contain partial information will need to be re-submitted
Below are examples of the kind of identity documents that we may accept:
- Bank or credit card statements
- Utility bills from regulated providers. These include gas, water, landline telephone (not mobile), broadband, television etc.
- Documents issued within the last three months unless issued less frequently
- Documents that show your name, address, issuer and issue date. A copy of the full document should be sent.
- Screen grabs/screen shots of online accounts must contain the URL.
*Please be aware, these documents are for illustrative purposes only and may be out of date.
Thunder Forex cannot accept:
- Your identity document as both proof of identity and address. We require separate documents for each
- Mobile phone bills are not accepted as proof of address
- Documents that contain partial information, cropped/blurred or blocked copies will need to be re-submitted
BECOME A TRADER AT THUNDER FOREX AND OPEN YOUR
Trading Forex and CFDs is risky.